Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Another Great Day in History...

  Thanks again for a great discussion and insight of our nation's past! Today we talked about the great business tycoon that build this great nation: Carnegie, Rockefeller, Morgan, Schwab. We talked about social reform of the day and how... wait for it.... government STILL can't change human behavior! Or legislate it! Wow... that is weird! I wonder if our politicians could possibly look back through history and see that government takeovers NEVER, EVER, EVER work. Bailouts, gimmes, almost any freebie cripples the receiver and becomes fraught with corruption. If I'm wrong, I beg anyone to send me the name of the successful government program and legitimate references so that I can stand on the rooftop and beg forgiveness. I would love to know that besides the military, the government knows how to run anything efficiently. So... on to more fun. Chapter 13 next week. Study guide coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment