Search This Blog

Friday, October 1, 2010

"Mind-Numbing Nonsense" contest!!!

    Ok! We're going to have a weekly contest! Do you ever watch the news and have your jaw drop into your huge bowl of ice cream at the insanity? You think you've heard the most insidious thing ever, and then the next day it's worse? I'm not talking about your run-of-the-mill murder and violence and stuff... no, no...much worse than that...the daily politics.
       We are going to review the "Mind-Numbing Nonsense of the Week" each Friday starting today. I marvel at what politicians and other rabble in DC think we're going to swallow and/or be ok with. So here's my favorite this week. You submit yours, and and next Friday we'll have everyone vote on the submissions. Each month, the winner will receive a $15.00 gift certificate to Amazon to purchase any right wing book I approve of!!
(just kidding - your choice). See? Here's a picture of the actual card! C'mon... you can trust me! Just give me your name and the address you want it sent to, then I'll sell your information, steal your identity and become a dastardly rich capitalist! (or.... you can give it to me by e-mail or PayPal account and you'll stay anonymous. Again, your choice.)
  I will post the winner each week and you can have your picture posted right next to your favorite zany politician! Wow! The fun never stops...

    I had so many to choose from this week. But my favorite has to be Cass Sunstein, the Regulatory Czar. He was questioned about a book he wrote and  this statement.           
      "Some conservative legal thinkers like Justice Scalia and Justice Thomas think that the Constitution means what it originally meant.  That means we should understand the document by going into a kind of ‘Time Machine’ and capturing the public understanding of the public that ratified the document a century or more than a century ago.”
        Wow... you mean... some of our supreme court justices actually believe in the original intent of the constitution? The one that they swore on a bible to uphold?? That is crazy! I'm sure when they were sworn in, they were thinking of another country's constitution or something.... duh! Ours is so worn out and out-dated.
     

2 comments:

  1. I admit that helps me understand the "thinking" of this administration, but what made my jaw drop was hearing that 8 countries are suing AZ for SB1070. EIGHT COUNTRIES!!! Give me a break!!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strangest comment came from Nancy Pelosi that "Food Stamps and Unemployment create jobs".

    ReplyDelete