Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

C'mon... admit it. You all had one...

See full size imageRemember your dreaded English teacher? My AP English teacher looked just like this! Only her hair was piled much higher and deeper. Marvel Clayton (affectionatley referred to as "Ma) wore heels so high, I believe she got PE credit just for staying on top of those suckers. Every day she wore a jersey dress with a belt and ridiculously high heels. She stood erect in front of the class with huge vocabulary cards with words like Pneumopsychoshakspeareanwhateverness. Followed by its part of speech. I think this one's an adjective. I used it right before the word "throat" when feigning illness around 7:50 a.m. on a school day. She used dark red pen to bleed all over my papers when I made mistakes. I think she got great joy in stabbing a big ol' C+ on some of them. Worst of all, I didn't get to rewrite them 40 times. Got one chance to get it right. I got an A in that class because I worked my head off. And you know what's weird? I want to call and thank her every day for what she taught me. I didn't get away with squat in that class! Hey... I even came out with good self esteem. Thanks, Ma.

No comments:

Post a Comment